If you are accepted into our program, payment in full must be received by April 1 in order for us to save your space in Newsroom by the Bay. Applications are competitive and rolling; as soon as you are notified that you are admitted, you may pay and reserve your space.
Program fees for Summer 2017 are:
- Regular residential: $2,395.00
- Commuter: $1,095.00
We also charge an application and processing fee of $100 for accepted students only.
The program fee includes:
- (Residential students only) Double- or triple-occupancy room in our assigned Stanford dormitory (8 days/7 nights). We make all room assignments, but let us know if you have special needs.
- (Residential students only) Three meals per day at Stanford’s award-winning student cafeterias (dinner only on your arrival Sunday and breakfast only on your departure Sunday).
- (Commuter students only) Lunch at Stanford’s student cafeteria; commuters may also purchase lunch or dinner meal tickets for any day.
- iPads, digital cameras, desktop computers and other equipment for students during class, afternoon lab time and evening team work sessions.
- Program materials, including NBTB T-shirt, reporters’ notebooks, readings and handouts;
- All field trip transportation, boxed lunch, afternoon treats and tickets to museums, AT&T ballpark tour, Alcratraz tours, or other events depending on how student news teams plan their field trips.
Day passes to Stanford athletic facilities are not included in the program fee but may be purchased independently once you arrive. (We will arrange swimming trips!) Weekly and daily parking passes may be purchased from NBTB after the program begins.
Newsroom by the Bay’s refund policy
Because the number of program participants is limited, program fees are non-refundable after May 1, 2017, except in such case that an accepted participant provides notice to NBTB of that participant’s desire to withdraw from the program and NBTB is able to fill the participant’s space.
2. Pay by clicking one of the PayPal buttons below:
Note: In order to use PayPal, you’ll need to create an account if you don’t have one already. There is no cost to you for using PayPal.
3. Write a check payable to “Newsroom by the Bay LLC” for the correct amount (residential or commuter program fee plus $50 application fee) and mail it to Newsroom by the Bay, P.O. Box 20105, Stanford, CA 94309. Full payment must be received (not postmarked) by April 1. We charge a fee of $50 for returned checks.
Questions? Please e-mail us at email@example.com.