Stanford is near three major airports: San Francisco International Airport (SFO), Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC) and Oakland International Airport (OAK).  Mineta is a 20-minute ride from Stanford without traffic, SFO is about 35 minutes away, and Oakland is a 50-minute drive from campus.

Ground transport from the airport — domestic arrivals

NBTB does not provide transportation from the airport on arrival, but taxis and shuttles are available at each airport.  Be sure you give your driver the exact address of our dorm, as the Stanford campus is quite large. (This information will be in your registration packet, which you will receive in advance.) Each airport offers its own shuttle service.  One well-used option is Supershuttle, which services multiple stops on the Stanford campus.

Ground transport from the airport — international arrivals

NBTB will meet and transport students arriving from international destinations upon request. Please contact us if your student requires this service.

Ground transport to the airport — domestic and international departures

At the end of our eight-day program, we will arrange for shuttle service to all Bay Area airports for departure. Students can reserve a space and pay when they arrive at camp. For departures, we hire a group van service. The cost is $35 per student, payable in cash or by check.

Visas for overseas students

Newsroom by the Bay does not require a student visa for students arriving from outside the U.S., but U.S. Customs and Border Protection might, depending on the point of origin.

The U.S. visa waiver program allows travelers to enter the U.S. without a visa. However, students from these countries still must apply and receive approval from the Electronic Service for Travel Authorization prior to arriving at Stanford.

If a student’s country of residence is not on this list, the student will require a regular B2 tourist visa.

As of November 2017, the countries in the visa waiver program include:

, Brunei
, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, 
Finland, France, 
, Greece, Hungary, 
Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, 
, Malta, Monaco
, Netherlands, 
New Zealand, Norway, 
San Marino, 
Slovakia, Slovenia, 
South Korea, 
Sweden, Switzerland, 
United Kingdom

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: