If you are accepted into our program, payment in full must be received by April 1 in order for us to save your space in Newsroom by the Bay. Applications are competitive and rolling; as soon as you are notified that you are admitted, you may pay and reserve your space.
Program fees for Summer 2013 are:
- Regular residential — $2,195
- Commuter — $995
The program fee includes:
- (residential students only) Double- or triple-occupancy room in our assigned Stanford dormitory (8 days/7 nights). We make all room assignments, but let us know if you have special needs.
- (residential students only) Three meals per day at Stanford’s award-winning student cafeterias.
- (commuter students only) Lunch at Stanford’s student cafeteria; commuters may also purchase dinner meal tickets for any day.
- iPads for each student during class and lab time.
- Program materials, including NBTB T-shirt, reporters’ notebooks, readings and handouts;
- Field trip transportation and ticket fees.
Day passes to Stanford athletic facilities are not included in the program fee but may be purchased independently once you arrive. (We will arrange swimming trips!) Weekly and daily parking passes may be purchased from NBTB after the program begins.
Early Check-In and overnight stay on Saturday, June 22
We welcome students who are coming to us from overseas or far away and would like to arrive one day early at Stanford in order to settle in. Please let us know that you require an Early Check-In when you apply. The cost for the Saturday overnight is $100, including dinner, an evening activity and accommodations in our Stanford dorm. Make your check payable to Newsroom by the Bay, and send it to us at P.O. Box 20105, Stanford, Calif., 94309.
Newsroom by the Bay’s refund policy
Because the number of program participants is limited, program fees are non-refundable after May 1, 2013, except in such case that an accepted participant provides notice to NBTB of that participant’s desire to withdraw from the program and NBTB is able to fill the participant’s space.
1. Pay by clicking one of the two PayPal buttons below. The first one is for residential students paying by our regular April 1 deadline. The second is for commuters, also paying by April 1.
To pay this way, you’ll need to create a PayPal account if you don’t have one already, but it’s easy and secure. Our account will accept most major credit cards. There is no cost to you for using PayPal. Payment must be received by April 1.
2. Send a check payable to “Newsroom by the Bay LLC” and mail it to Newsroom by the Bay, P.O. Box 20105, Stanford, CA 94309. Payment must be received (not postmarked) by April 1.
Questions? Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regular Residential Program Fee (pay by April 1)